How to Get Rid of Ghost Emails on iPhone 11
How to Get Rid of Ghost Emails on iPhone 11? Experiencing ghost emails on your iPhone 11 can be frustrating, but with the right steps, you can resolve this issue and regain control over your email account. Ghost emails are phantom or stuck emails that appear in your inbox but cannot be interacted with or deleted.
Method to Get Rid of Ghost Emails on iPhone 11
In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with detailed step-by-step instructions on how to get rid of ghost emails on your iPhone 11.
Step 1: Close the Mail App:
Start by closing the Mail app on your iPhone 11. To do this, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle to access the App Switcher. Swipe left or right to locate the Mail app preview, and then swipe it up or off the screen to close the app completely.
Step 2: Restart your iPhone 11:
Performing a restart can help clear temporary glitches that may be causing the ghost email issue. Press and hold the side button and either the volume up or volume down button simultaneously. When the power off slider appears, drag it to the right to turn off your iPhone. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Step 3: Update iOS and Mail App:
Ensure that your iPhone 11 is running the latest version of iOS and that the Mail app is updated to its latest version. To check for updates, go to the “Settings” app, tap “General,” and select “Software Update.” If an update is available, follow the prompts to download and install it. Similarly, open the App Store, go to the “Updates” tab, and update the Mail app if necessary.
Step 4: Delete and Re-add Email Account:
Deleting and re-adding the problematic email account can help resolve ghost email issues. Follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone 11 and scroll down to find and tap on “Mail.”
- Tap “Accounts” and select the email account that is experiencing the ghost email issue.
- Tap “Delete Account” and confirm the deletion. This action removes the email account from your iPhone.
- After deleting the account, go back to the “Accounts” section and tap “Add Account.”
- Follow the prompts to re-add the email account by entering your account credentials (email address and password) and any additional settings required.
Step 5: Clear Mail App Cache:
Clearing the cache of the Mail app can help resolve ghost email issues related to temporary data. Unfortunately, iOS does not provide a direct option to clear the app cache, but you can try the following workaround:
- Open the Mail app and navigate to any folder other than the inbox (e.g., Sent, Drafts, or Archive).
- Tap “Edit” in the upper-right corner and select a single email in that folder.
- Tap and hold the “Move” button at the bottom of the screen. While still holding, uncheck the selected email and release the “Move” button.
- This action will trigger a “Move to Trash” option to appear briefly. Quickly tap on it before it disappears.
- The Mail app will attempt to move the email to the trash but will encounter an error due to the ghost email. Tap “Cancel” when the error message appears.
- Repeat this process several times, attempting to move different emails to the trash folder.
- After performing this sequence multiple times, force close the Mail app once again and relaunch it.
Step 6: Contact Email Service Provider or Apple Support:
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to your email service provider or contact Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide specialized troubleshooting steps or investigate if there are any account-specific issues causing the ghost email problem.
Resolving ghost emails on your iPhone 11 involves closing the Mail app, restarting your device, updating iOS and the Mail app, deleting and re-adding the email account, clearing the Mail app cache, and seeking assistance from your email service provider or Apple Support if necessary. By following these step-by-step instructions, you can successfully eliminate ghost emails and restore the proper functionality of your email account on your iPhone 11.