How to Fix Outlook Send Receive Error – Outlook Error: 0x80040610
Outlook’s Send Receive error is one of the most common and well-known errors in its user community. Did you know that the Outlook error code 0x80040610 can be easily fixed to prevent sending and receiving mail? Yes, this article is compiled with 6 easy methods that you can easily implement and fix the Outlook Send Receive Error.
How to Fix Outlook Send Receive Error?
Outlook sending errors can occur for various reasons. Here are the 6 most reliable and secure ways to easily fix Outlook sending error. Before adopting any of these methods, make sure that you have checked the availability of your internet connection. Since this send/receive error is usually on your screen if no internet connection is available.
Method 1: Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus Programs
Windows firewalls and other third-party antivirus programs can affect the sending and receiving of emails on Outlook. This may cause an Outlook Send Receive error. Therefore, to fix this error, consider disabling 0x80040610, firewall, and antivirus programs.
- Open Control Panel and click on Network Connection
- Right-click on the network connection you are connected to and click on Properties
- On the Security tab, turn off the firewall.
Once the issue is resolved and the inbox is updated, turn on Windows Firewall.
Method 2: Check for suspicious emails
Outlook sends inbox error can also be caused by some suspicious email that fell in your inbox. So, clearing these suspicious spam emails can help you fix an error in sending Outlook that is preventing you from sending or receiving emails.
If this does not prevent your Outlook from throwing the error 0x80040610 to send, try the next method.
Method 3: Fix Outlook Email Settings
If the above methods did not fix the Outlook Send Receive error, then you need to check your Outlook email settings. Incorrectly configured Outlook email settings can cause this error 0x80040610 due to your Outlook.
- Open Outlook and click on the file
- Click Account Settings -> Account Settings
- In the Account Settings window, click Edit
- Now click on peacock settings and select outgoing server
- Authentication is required to check the box next to My Outgoing Server (SMTP)
- Also, check the box next to connect to the incoming server before sending an email.
Restart Outlook and see if you can send an email. If you still encounter Outlook error, send error received, go to the next method
Method 4: Clean outbox and change server timeout
By default, the server timeout in Outlook is 1 minute. When you try to send emails with large attachments, the default server timeout will be insufficient, causing your emails to get stuck in the outbox. Therefore, removing the outbox and increasing the server timeout period can help fix the Outlook Send Send error.
To change the Outlook server timeout, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook and click on the file
- Follow this path: File -> Account Settings -> Account Settings -> Edit -> More Settings -> Advanced
- Under Advanced, you can increase the server timeout.
This will allow Outlook to send or receive emails. If you still encounter Outlook Send Send error, try to start Outlook in safe mode. If you are having trouble starting MS Outlook, find out how to resolve the error Microsoft cannot start Outlook
Method 5: Run Outlook in safe mode
- Running Outlook in safe mode is the next way to fix Outlook error 0x80040610.
- To launch Outlook in safe mode, type Outlook.exe / safe in the Search and Enter boxes.
- Try sending email after launching Outlook in safe mode. If it does not resolve the Outlook Receive Send error, it may be a corrupt or damaged PST file due to this error.
Outlook Send Send Error can be easily fixed using the methods mentioned above. It is not very often that a PST corruption leads to an Outlook error 0x80040610. However, if you are unable to resolve this issue with the methods, you can call the Outlook support number. Technicians will help you solve problems.