How To Fix Adobe Error Code 81 Manually | Quick Solution
During the installation process of Adobe Creative Cloud software, you may encounter Adobe error code 81 on your computer. As a result, the installation process stops and the situation is very disturbing. This error code is accompanied by an error message saying “We encountered the following problem: Another installer is running, which must be closed before installing this product. Please close other installers. ( Error code: 81)”.
This error appears when the installer does not run properly. There are many reasons for this error. One of the most common reasons is a problem with Creative Cloud. So this is a very common error that should be fixed immediately. For an easy and quick solution, you can try these methods listed in this article.
Cause of Adobe Error Code 81
Here are some common reasons that can be responsible for Adobe error 81. Let’s look at them:
- Third-party security software.
- Firewall window
- Corrupt Adobe software
- Collection of temporary files or useless files in internal system files.
- An older version of Adobe software.
- The old version of the graphics card driver.
How to Fix Adobe Error Code 81
There are several ways to fix this error code on your device. Below are some of the ways by which you can get rid of Adobe Installer error code 81 quickly. Follow these steps as given below:
Method 1 – Launch Adobe Creative Cloud software as administrator
If you do not have administrative permission, you may face this error code on your computer. So, you can try to launch the Adobe Creative Cloud application as an administrator.
- Find the Adobe Creative Adobe application and right-click on it.
- Select the Run as administrator option from the menu list. Now Adobe software will open without any error. If not, you need to move on to the next.
Method 2 – Update the Graphics Card Driver
Updating the graphics card driver to resolve Adobe error code 81 is an easy task. Sometimes an outdated version of the driver can cause this error on the device. So you have to keep the driver updated. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Windows key and select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, locate and select the Display Adapters section to expand it.
- Right-click on the graphics card driver and select the Update Driver Software option.
- After the update process is complete, restart the device and then try to install Adobe software and check if the error code appears.
Method 3 – Disable Windows Firewall
Sometimes Windows Firewall can block the installation of Adobe software. So, before installing it, you can disable it by following these instructions:
- Go to Control Panel and expand the Windows Firewall section.
- When the Windows Firewall window opens, click the Turn Windows Firewall on and off button in the left panel.
- In the right pane, check the Turn off Windows Firewall (recommended) option for the Public network settings and Private network settings sections.
- After completing these steps, click on the Save button.
Method 4 – Uninstall Security Software
If the error persists after disabling Windows Firewall features, remove the security software you are using on your PC.
- Launch the Settings window and navigate to the Applications section.
- Click the Apps & Features tab on the left pane.
- In the Apps & Features tab, scroll down the page and locate and select security software.
- After that click on Uninstall button.
- After the removal process is complete, restart your computer and check if the error code is displayed.
Method 5 – Restore License Permission
One of the easy ways to fix this error code is to reinstall the licensing authority. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Hold down the Windows Home button and press the E key to launch the Windows File Explorer window.
- In the File Explorer window, click the View section, then choose Options.
- Go to the Advanced Settings section and uncheck the Use Sharing Wizard box.
- Press the Show hidden files, folders, and drivers button.
- After that click on the OK button.
Method 6 – Reinstall Adobe Software
Corrupted Adobe software can cause Adobe error code 81. To rule out this possibility, remove the Adobe software and reinstall it. This way:
- Right-click the Windows Home button and select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- In the Programs and Features window, find Adobe Products and right-click on it. After that click on Uninstall option.
- Once the uninstall process is complete, visit the official website of Adobe Software.
- Download the latest version of Adobe software, then install it.
- After the installation process is complete, restart the system and then check if the error is resolved or not.
Method 7 – Create New SLStore Folder
You may face Adobe error code 81 if the SLStore folder does not exist on the system. So, to fix this error code, you need to create a new SLStore folder. follow these steps:
- First, open the File Explorer window and navigate to the local C drive.
- From the local C drive, click the Program Files folder.
- Find the Adobe folder, double click on it. After that go to the application directory.
- Right-click on an empty space and select “New Folder” from the context menu. Then save the folder under a name, for example, SLstore.
- Try installing the program and check if the error still occurs.
Method 8 – Change the properties in the SLStore directory
Another effective way by which you can easily eliminate this error code on your device is to modify the attributes in the SLStore directory. Follow these steps as given below:
- Navigate to the Adobe Creative Cloud installation directory.
- Locate the SLStore directory, right-click on it and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to the Properties section and uncheck the Read-only option to turn it off.
- After that click on Apply button and then on the OK button.
Method 9 – Delete Temporary or Junk Files
Deleting temporary or junk files is another way to solve Adobe Installer error code 81.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘%temp%’ in Run Application and click OK or press Enter.
- In the Temp folder, delete all temporary files, then try to install Adobe software.
Method 10 – Rename PDApp Folder
If none of the methods can help, then rename the PDApp folder to resolve this error.
- Close the Creative Cloud app.
- Navigate to the following path: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp.
- Right-click on the PDApp folder and select Rename option.
- Change the name of this folder to PDApp-old. do
- Open Creative Cloud and try to install Adobe software.
These are the methods that we have provided to resolve Adobe error code 81 on the device.