How to Set Up and Use Apple Pay on Your Mac
Apple Pay is a feature that allows you to make secure purchases in-store and on the web with almost any Apple device. This is a very easy feature as it speeds up the payment process when shopping online. If you’re wondering how to set up and use Apple Pay on your Mac, read on to learn more.
Is Apple Pay compatible with my Mac?
It is possible to use Apple Pay on many new and old Mac models at the same time. So even though your Mac does not have a Touch ID sensor, you can still use Apple Pay to make payments.
However, keep in mind that only MacBooks released in 2012 or later support this feature. And you’ll need an iPhone or Apple Watch, with Apple Pay already set to use Apple Pay on a Mac without Touch ID.
But before you can take advantage of this feature, you have to configure it.
How to set up Apple Pay on your Mac
If you have a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro with Touch ID, you should have the option to configure this feature to use your device for the first time. But if you have chosen to do this later, how to set up Apple Pay via the System Preferences app:
- Launch the System Preferences app on your Mac.
- Head for Wallet and Apple Pay.
- Click on the Add Card button.
- Place your card in the FaceTime camera frame so that your computer automatically enters all the details, or click enter card details manually. When you’re ready, click Next.
- Check your card details, check that the expiration date is correct, and enter your security code. Click Next to confirm.
- Click Accept and accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose a better verification method and click Next.
- Type the code you received through the already selected verification method and click Next.
- Your credit card must be added to your Apple Pay Wallet immediately. If this does not happen immediately, your bank may require more time for verification.
Set up Apple Pay on a Mac without Touch ID
If you are using an older Mac that does not have a Touch ID sensor, you must use an iPhone or Apple Watch to allow your Mac to use the credit card stored on that device.
how to do this:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Wallet and Apple Pay.
- Turn on Allow Payments on Mac at the bottom of the screen.
How to Setup Apple Pay in Safari
The next step you need to take before using Apple Pay on your Mac is to allow this feature for your browser.
Here’s how to authorize Apple Pay on Safari:
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- In the top left corner of the screen, click on Safari and go to Preferences.
- Click on the privacy section.
- Allow websites to find Apple Pay and Apple Card options.
If you have not yet tried to use Apple Pay on your Mac, you should do so, as you are missing out on the opportunity to make payments in the online store faster and easier.
The good news is that you can use this feature on any Apple device: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac. So go ahead and enjoy this cool feature on all your devices.