Why Is Norton Antivirus Not Opening and How to Fix It?
With promising features to protect your computer from malware and viruses, Norton Antivirus is fast becoming the first choice of many. Once you have installed an antivirus program on your computer, you can be sure to protect your system from potential online threats. However, there are cases when you may notice that Norton Antivirus does not open on your computer or gives you an error message every time you try to open it. If you can identify what is causing this kind of problem to occur, you can open an antivirus program and ensure the continued protection of your computer system.
In this blog post, we will explain why Norton Antivirus does not open on computer systems and how you can get rid of the problem quickly and efficiently. read on!
Why Norton Antivirus Not Opening?
Before we dive into the discussion of troubleshooting issues like Norton Security that won’t open or Norton Antivirus 360 that won’t open, let us understand what are the various factors that can trigger such issues. This will not only help you solve the problem quickly but also in a proper way.
One of the most common reasons why Norton Antivirus 360 won’t open problems is due to software download interruptions. Yes, if the installation of Norton Antivirus is interrupted, it will not open properly. In such cases, you must first restart your computer and launch Download Manager. You will then need to verify the product code by referring to the purchase email. Finally, you have to enter the product key in the download manager and download the product again. Another reason why Norton Antivirus won’t open is an outdated version of Norton. Along with regular virus database updates, it is important to ensure you have an updated version of Norton Antivirus. You can follow the steps below to update the software:
- Go to Norton Antivirus Security Settings.
- Make sure you have a reliable and strong internet connection.
- Click on the “Live Updates” option.
- Restart your computer and try to open the antivirus program.
How to Fix Norton Antivirus 360 Not Opening?
Now that you have read about the various factors that can prevent Norton Antivirus from opening, read on to find out the different ways to fix the problem. Start by using Norton Power Eraser. The program uses the information in cloud applications and further scans your computer. Once you run Norton Power Eraser, it will detect and remove any malware you may have on your computer. The series of steps required to use Norton Power Eraser is mentioned below:
- Open an Internet browser on your computer and visit Norton’s official website.
- Download Norton Power Eraser and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Browse the license agreement and click “Accept” if you agree to it.
- Open Norton Power Eraser and click “Scan” to allow the program to scan the rootkit.
- Make changes as recommended and restart the computer.
In addition to the series of steps mentioned above, you can try reinstalling the antivirus program and check if the problems like Norton Antivirus 360, not opening are resolved. You can follow the steps mentioned below to do this process:
- Open your preferred web browser on the computer and visit the official website of Norton.
- Download Norton and reinstall it.
- Double click on the NRnR icon to run the tool.
- Select the “Remove and Restore” option and click “Continue”.
- Click the “Delete” option and then click “OK” to confirm.
- After Norton 360 is uninstalled, restart your computer, and then install Norton using the recommended installation instructions.
How to Resolve Norton Antivirus not Opening in Windows 10?
If Windows 10 OS is installed on your computer and Norton Antivirus does not open, first sign in to your Norton account. The next step requires you to click on the “Start” button followed by the “Download Norton” option. If you are not a registered Norton user, you will need to click on the new product key, then click “Accept” and “Download”. After completing these steps, click “Run” and if the User Account Control window appears on the screen, click “Continue.” Once the antivirus software is successfully installed on your computer, activate the p [product by entering the product key in the required field.
In addition to following the series of steps mentioned above, if you find that Norton Antivirus won’t open, use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. If Norton Family is already installed on your computer, you will need to uninstall it before using the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. After completing these steps, follow the points below to check if Norton antivirus won’t open issues are resolved:
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit Norton’s official website.
- Download Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.
- Open the downloaded folder and double-click on the NRnR icon.
- Browse the license agreement and click “Agree” if you agree to it.
- Select the “Remove and Restore” option.
- Click “Continue” and then “Remove”.
- Click “Restart Now” to restart your computer. This is how you can fix Norton Antivirus that won’t open on your computer.
If Norton Won’t Open, Update Your Norton Antivirus
It is important to keep your Norton antivirus up to date. You will often find that Norton Antivirus does not open, especially because the software is out of date. Norton regularly releases its software updates to ensure the error-free operation of antivirus programs. Hence, it is essential that you regularly check for issued software updates and update the software accordingly. You can follow the steps below to update Norton Antivirus manually:
- Make sure that the device you are cursing is connected to the Internet.
- Go to “Security Settings” in Norton Software.
- Click “Live Update” and wait for the software to complete the update.
- Restart your device and check if the problems like Norton Antivirus 360, not opening are resolved.
Problems like Norton Antivirus 360 not opening can be frustrating especially when you need to customize scan settings or run a deep scan on your computer. To eliminate the risk of such problems, it is important that you always keep the antivirus program up to date. In addition, you can use Norton Power Eraser Tool to ensure the proper functioning of the antivirus program. Alternatively, you can follow the various troubleshooting methods mentioned in this article and ensure that the Norton Antivirus program runs seamlessly.