How to Turn on Noise Cancelling on AirPods: Try Easy Method
Apple AirPods are premium wireless headphones with amazing features like Siri, Touch Control, and Active Noise Cancellation. Active noise cancellation is especially useful in noisy locations. Read on to learn How to Turn on Noise Cancelling on AirPods so you can focus on work, work out, do yoga, or just listen to music.
How to Enable Noise Cancellation on AirPods Android
- Activate the Bluetooth service on your Android phone or tablet.
- Connect AirPods.
- Now put the AirPods in your ears.
- Long press the force sensor on both AirPods.
- You’ll find it on the stem of your AirPods.
- You will now hear a small chime confirming the activation of noise cancellation.
- To deactivate this function, press and hold the force sensor again.
How to Enable Noise Cancellation on AirPods iOS
Activate noise cancellation using the force sensor
- Connect AirPods to your iPhone or iPad.
- Press the force sensor on the AirPods until you hear a small bell.
- Chime ensures the activation of noise reduction.
Enable noise cancellation using Settings
- Make sure AirPods are synced with your iPad or iPhone.
- Now open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth Center.
- Locate the connected AirPods, then tap the (i) icon.
- You’ll learn about transparency, muting, and noise removal.
- Tap on Noise Cancellation to turn on this feature.
How to Enable Noise Cancellation on AirPods Windows
If you’re using your AirPods by connecting to a Bluetooth-enabled Windows computer, don’t worry. You can also enable noise cancellation from a Windows device.
To enable or disable the Apple AirPods active noise cancellation feature, follow the steps outlined in the Android section earlier in this article.
How to Enable Noise Cancelling on AirPods macOS
The easiest way to enable noise cancellation on AirPods is to use macOS Sound Controls. This way:
- Enable Bluetooth on your macOS PC, then connect AirPods.
- Now choose the Sound Control option from the macOS menu bar.
- The context menu will show Sounds and Output Devices.
- In the Output Devices section, you’ll need to find AirPods.
- Left-click AirPods to reveal three options: Off, Noise Cancellation, and Transparency.
- Select Noise Cancellation to turn it on.
- When not needed, follow the steps above and click the Noise Canceling option again to turn it off.
Another way to enable noise cancellation from a macOS device is to use the AirPods force sensor. However, you need to follow these steps to enable the built-in feature:
- While AirPods sync with macOS, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- Click the Options button next to Connected AirPods.
- Select Noise control for option Left press and hold AirPod.
- Now select all toggle options: Noise Cancellation, Transparency, and Off.
- Select Done to complete the process.
You can follow any of the above methods to enable active noise cancellation on your AirPods. You can use iOS-based or in-car methods while traveling or working out. Alternatively, desktop-based methods are suitable for the workplace.