How To Record Screen On Mac With Audio & Without Audio?
Want to record videos on Mac? Whether it’s a game clip, a video clip, or an explanatory video to help your friend – screen recording on a Mac can come in handy in many ways.
You can also consider recording YouTube videos or possibly Netflix videos on a Mac, although the latter is quite difficult to obtain. Whatever the reason, you need to know how to record video on macOS if the opportunity arises.
How To Screen Record On Mac With Audio?
Saving videos or capturing screenshots has become a breeze for Macbooks since the introduction of macOS Mojave. This does not mean that it was difficult when the Mac screen recorder was only accessible through the QuickTime player, but it involved a few more steps.
However, let’s start by recording our screen on macOS –
- Open the Mac Screen Recorder panel using the shortcut: Shift-Command-5
- Click the “Record full screen” button or “Record selected part” depending on whether you want to record the entire screen or only part of it.
- Now click on the “Record” option on the panel to start screen recording on macOS.
- To stop recording, you can either click the record button in the menu bar or use the shortcut: Command-Control-Esk. You can also stop recording by going back to the Mac Screen Recorder panel and clicking the Recording Recording button.
- The recording will appear in the floating thumbnail in the lower right corner. Click it to open the saved file.
- If you are not satisfied with the screen recording, right-click the floating window.
- Once you open the saved file, you can trim the saved clip using the trim button at the top of the window.
Screen recordings on the Mac are saved to the desktop by default. However, you can change the storage location in the macOS screen recorder panel under the “Options” menu. Here you will also find audio settings whether you want screen recording with or without Mac sound.
In addition, there is a timer setting that can delay between pressing the record button and starting the actual recording. If you are making an explanatory video, you can also define “Show mouse clicks”.
How to record video on Mac (via QuickTime Player)?
If you are using an older version of macOS (10.13 and below), you can still save the screen on the MacBook via Quick Player. Like this
- Open the app.
- Go to File and choose New Screen Record from the menu bar. Alternatively, right-click the QuickTime Player application icon on the dock and choose New Screen Recording.
- In the new window, click the recorder button, then click anywhere on the screen to start recording or drag to select a portion of the screen.
- To turn off video recording, right-click the Quicktime Player icon on the dock again and choose Spot Recording from the menu.
To record a screen on macOS with audio, click the down arrow next to the record button and check any options available except “None”.
Although the built-in screen recording tool in macOS can capture the sound, the quality will not be as good as the actual sound of the clip. The device is good for capturing the user’s own voice, however, look for a third-party screen recorder or try to download clips directly if audio quality is a priority. Record Screen On Mac With Audio & Without Audio