How to Fix iCloud Contacts Not Syncing Issue
It is quite logical that we prefer to store our telephone contacts over our e-mails. Moreover, reputed service providers like iCloud offer this contact synchronization feature. However, this also means that unsynced iCloud contacts will lead to major panic.
In this blog, we deal with the issue of syncing contacts to iCloud and vice versa. At the end of this, you will find your important contacts with you. Let’s start with the main sections.
Reasons Why iCloud Contacts Not Syncing
- The most obvious reason is a poor internet connection. This prevents the synchronization job from occurring.
- There may also be incorrect settings that prevent operation.
- Another possibility is that there is not enough space in the iCloud storage.
- Another factor that can act as a blocker is using an outdated version of the software.
After studying the reasons, you will have better clarity of the scenario. Let’s now move on to the corrections for different scenarios.
Fixed iCloud Contacts Not Syncing on iPhone
First, we cover improvements for iPhone devices. Feel free to try any of the fixes mentioned below.
Option One: Connect to a Stable Network
You should check your WiFi connectivity on another device. This will help you schedule your reception. If that works fine, try putting your phone in airplane mode. You can also restart your phone and try syncing again.
If the WiFi connection is not stable, restart your router. If it persists, you can also contact your Internet Service Provider.
Option Two: Disable Low Data
A common reason for iPhone contacts not syncing to iCloud is using low data mode. It is activated automatically if you are using a restricted network or mobile hotspot. However, it limits the operation of background activities. To turn it off:
- First of all, you have to go to Settings. Then click on WiFi.
- After that, tap on the small blue I next to Network.
- Next, you need to tap on the toggle button next to Low Data Mode.
This will now disable your low data issue. That should no longer fix your iCloud Contacts syncing issue.
Option Three: Enable Sync with iCloud
Most people use this option to prevent Google Contacts from syncing with their iOS devices. However, this may prevent iPhone contacts from syncing with iCloud. So you have to turn it off. The process to do this is:
- First of all, you have to go to Settings and click on Present Name.
- After this, you have to click on iCloud. After that, you need to click on the toggle button next to the contact.
Please note that if it was on, you can try turning it off and waiting. And then you can re-enable synchronization.
Option 3: Sign in to your Apple Account
- To continue with this repair, click on Settings on your iPhone. After that, click on the name to launch iCloud Settings.
- Then navigate to the Logout option. Then you have to click on it.
- Next, you will need to provide the Apple ID password and then choose Disable at the top right. This will log you into the iCloud account.
- After this, you will get the option of login. All you have to do is tap on it and then enter your credentials.
This should now fix your iCloud Contacts not syncing issue.
Option Four: Clear the Storage
We would like to inform you that Apple provides 5 GB of iCloud storage for free. It is quite easy to fill this talisman quickly. So this could be the reason why iPhone contacts are not syncing with iCloud. So you may need to dump some space. However, before you start erasing your data, check the free space.
- Go to Settings, then tap on Name.
- After this, you have to click on iCloud.
- The bar near the top of the screen displays the amount of available space.
- If it’s almost full, free up space using Manage Storage. If there is enough space, proceed to the next option.
Option 5: Set iCloud as the default Contacts account
You can set your iCloud as the default account for syncing contacts. To continue:
- Click Settings. After that go to the Contacts option.
- Then you need to navigate down. Here you will get the option of a default account.
- After that, select iCloud as the default option.
Option Six: Update iPhone OS
Missing updates can not only cause compatibility issues but also missed bug fixes. So the best way to do this is to download and install the update. For doing this:
- Access your phone through Settings > General > Software Update.
- If a software update is available, it will be displayed to you. After that, you have to choose Download and Install.
- Now, wait for the updated installation to complete. Please be patient as any wrong action can lead to big problems.
Fix iCloud Contacts Not Syncing on Mac
The fixes are roughly the same on Mac systems. The most common improvements include:
- Make sure the system has a reliable Internet connection.
- Restart the Mac and wait for the sync to complete.
- Enable and disable iCloud Contacts on your system.
Here is an alternative method that will help you in a worst-case scenario.
Bonus Option: Using the Force Shutdown Method on Mac
- First, you need to force-quit the Contacts app.
- After that, you can force the system to resynchronize the address book.
- To do this, copy the location to ~/Library/Application Support/ . After that, launch a new Finder window.
- Next, you need to navigate to Go> Go to Folder. Here you have to paste the address.
- When Places opens, find Address Book and rename it to OldAddressBook.
- Now launch the Contacts app and make sure it is not showing any cards.
- Finally, restart your system and then launch the Contacts app. Now it will create a new folder and sync your data again.
It is not difficult to solve the problem of iCloud contacts not syncing. However, repairs are necessary. So, try the basic fixes first, as we think they should be sufficient. If not, go through those which may take more time and expertise or you can email or call our technical support engineer for further assistance.