How to Fix OneDrive Icon Missing from Taskbar in Windows 11/10
The OneDrive icon usually appears as a system tray icon or on the taskbar in Windows 11/10, but if there is a configuration issue, it may disappear even though it’s working in the background. This creates problems for end users who use OneDrive for their daily needs. Here’s how you can fix these problems.
OneDrive is a one-stop solution for your online document needs. And as a courtesy, OneDrive comes pre-installed on most computers and meets users’ daily cloud storage needs. One great feature of OneDrive is its quick icon on the taskbar. But due to some issues, the OneDrive icon may be missing from the Windows 11/10 taskbar.
Read: OneDrive Assistant
This issue is faced by many users including me where the icon is missing, and they cannot find it anywhere. This happens when icon visibility is disabled in the app preferences or system settings. But don’t worry as there are two ways to fix this problem.
How to Fix the OneDrive icon Missing from the Taskbar in Windows 11/10
To fix this problem, we first need to enable app visibility for icons. You may have disabled the visibility of the icon by mistake. And so, it is no longer visible. Next, we need to enable icon visibility, and in-app preferences, which will eliminate any issues you may be facing.
Step 1: Set the OneDrive Icon to Appear on the Taskbar
The Windows Taskbar allows users to enable or disable several settings, including application visibility. So if you use more than one app, you can switch off icons to make the workspace clutter-free. Here’s how to configure the OneDrive icon to appear in the Windows Taskbar Settings.
- Open the Windows Settings app, then click on the Personalization tab.
- Click on Taskbar Options on the left pane. Here click on the link “Select the icons that appear on the taskbar”.
- Here you will see several apps and you can decide which apps appear in the taskbar.
- Scroll down and find OneDrive and enable it to be visible when active and running.
Step 2: Set up Automatic Login to OneDrive
In many scenarios, if you don’t configure OneDrive to run automatically, it won’t run and therefore you won’t see an icon in the taskbar. Here are the steps to connect to OneDrive automatically.
- Open the OneDrive app so that its icon is visible in the taskbar. Right-click on it and click on the setting option.
- A new dialog box will appear. Here, go to the Security tab and check the “Start OneDrive automatically when I log into Windows” option.
- Click OK, and all settings will be saved.
App icons on the Windows taskbar are a great feature for tracking apps and running apps. If an application is not visible, it probably means that it is not running. OneDrive still works by default, and with the steps above, you can make sure the icon is visible and not missing from the Windows taskbar.