3 Ways to Restore Your Data from OneDrive on Windows 10
OneDrive is Microsoft’s file hosting and sync service that lets you save your files with the freedom to access, edit and share your data anywhere, anytime! All the data you store in the OneDrive folder is easily accessible on other devices, including your smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop, or any device you have associated with your Microsoft account.
OneDrive is one of the most secure platforms to back up your data on Windows devices. You can also use this service to share files with your friends, family, and colleagues as it facilitates real-time collaboration.
But what if you accidentally lose or delete files in a OneDrive folder? Wondering how to restore data from OneDrive. do not get upset. We have what you need!
How to Restore Your Data from OneDrive in Windows 10
In this article, we have listed 4 different ways to restore data from OneDrive so that you can easily get your lost/deleted data back in just a few steps.
1. Restore Files from OneDrive Recycle Bin
If you accidentally delete a file in a OneDrive folder, it is automatically moved to the OneDrive Trash folder and stored there for the next 30 days. After 30 days, the files are also permanently deleted from the Trash folder. So, if you’re lucky and you haven’t crossed the 30-day deadline yet, you can easily restore the data from the Trash folder of OneDrive. Here is what you need to do.
- Launch the Start Menu search box, type “OneDrive” and press Enter.
- Open the OneDrive app on your device and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- In the left menu pane, select the “Recycle Bin” option. Select the deleted files and then press the “Restore” button.
2. Check Windows Recycle Bin
Another way to restore data from the OneDrive folder is to check if any recently deleted files have arrived in the Trash folder. OneDrive is a cloud storage platform, so all your files and data stay in sync, no matter what device you access them on. However, if you have stored your files locally on your system hard drive, you can check the Trash folder to recover lost data.
Open the Trash folder on your Windows PC. Select all the files you need to recover, right-click on the selection, press the “Restore” button.
As soon as you hit the “Restore” button, all your files will go back to the source where they were originally stored.
3. Restore OneDrive to Undo Recent Actions
Accidentally deleted or lost files on OneDrive? Well, one of the best workarounds to restore data from OneDrive is to restore it to an earlier date and time. If you cannot restore your files through Recycle Bin, you can try this hack to get your valuable data back. Here is what you need to do.
Launch the Start Menu search box, type “OneDrive” and press Enter. Sign in to your Microsoft account to open the OneDrive app on your device.
- Go to OneDrive Settings > Options > Restore Your Drive.
- On the “Restore Your Drive” page, you can either restore OneDrive to the last available checkpoint in the list or even set a custom date and time to suit your preferences.
- OneDrive will now display a confirmation message on the screen, tap on the “Restore” button to continue.
Here are the 3 most effective ways to restore data from OneDrive to Windows 10 devices. You can use any of the methods listed above to recover lost data. However, if you want to choose a safer solution, use a data recovery tool to get the job done, as it will help you save time and effort.